Monday, January 10, 2005

I keep an exceptionally clean penis

Boston Legal is now my favourite show on TV. James Spader does a masterful job of playing cocky, smarmy, womanizing attorney with a hidden heart of gold Alan Shore. And who could say anything bad about Bill Shatner's (aka Captain Kirk) portrayal of the law firm's formidable, but slipping in old age senior partner? As they say on the show, two words inspire awe and fear in people. Denny Crane. The title of this post comes from a line in last night's episode. Candace Bergen is a new addition to the show as Shirley Schmidt, name partner of Crane, Poole and Schmidt. Schmidt walks into the men's room to inspect it after a female employee of the firm launches a complaint that the fixtures in the men's room are nicer than in the ladies' room. Alan Shore finishes up at a urinal, and after some witty banter, introduces himself and extends his hand. Shirley looks at his hand and says, "Surely you intend on washing it first." to which Alan replies with the above line. I damn near busted a gut.

It was a pretty good weekend for me. I went out with a bunch of people to celebrate a friend's birthday. We started off with dinner at Big Daddy's Crab Shack, where I had a very tasty and spicy blackened redfish. After this, we went down to the Whiskey Bar in the market. The DJ, who was at the dinner with us, played an excellent mix of 80's retro. On Sunday, I was the Renaissance Skater, gliding along the frozen Rideau Canal with the Notorious MBA.

I'm also happy to say I've found a better route for driving to work. As the winter has progressed, I've found my original route has gotten steadily worse. I found I was spending too much time thinking about how I loathe and despise all the stupid drivers delaying my passage. This morning I arrived to work without the slightest urge to pound on my steering wheel and howl with rage. What a pleasant change.

Today is also the first day of my exercise program. I'm going to be doing a weight training program mixed with a little cardio. Hopefully I can stick to the program regularly. If so, by the summer I'll have muscles like frozen beef. Beefcake I say! BEEEEFCAAAAKE!!

2 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was both horrified and impressed by your blog headline. I was almost hoping it would be self-referential.

I'm glad you're hitting the iron again. My tendinitis acts up every time I try to pump up. Hey, listen to me complain about my body ailments. I'm turning into Grumpy Uncle Fred.

Scott

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Foot said...

I thought the title might grab a little attention. I did my first workout last night and am happy to report I have only a minimum of muscle soreness. This is in stark contrast to when I tried to hit the weights a couple of months ago, and ended up being on a combination pain reliever/muscle relaxant for my back for a week after the first workout. I think it was the overhead barbell press that did me in last time, so I took it easy on that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home