Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Renaissance's Hierarchy

Is it unrealistic to expect to have a job where you don't use adjectives like "soul-sucking" to describe it? Don't get me wrong. I'm thankful I'm steadily employed. I realize there are jobs out there far worse than mine. I also realize that living in a country like Canada means my standard of living is probably better than about 95% of the world's population. Since I have the lower needs on Maslow's hierarchy taken care of, though, I've come to focus on items in my life such as job satisfaction, which I have to say is sorely lacking. I have a couple of leads on other jobs within my organization which I've made inquiries into. Hopefully I can make something happen in one of them.

On a lighter note, I recently read a quote which demonstrated Einstein's ability to simplify concepts:

"When you're courting a pretty girl, an hour seems like a second. When you're sitting on a hot coal, a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."

4 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Foot - keep your chin up :-) Just think, I am starting my Christmas baking today - and this year I am really doing it up right. And I will make you your own little stash so you don't have to share with anyone!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Foot said...

Thanks Kat. You're the best!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Wow. I was super bummed when Aaliyah died too...but that's kind of crazy. Especially since she died on a Saturday night (August 25/01). Were you in the office on a Saturday? Or was that the following Monday? I wanted to go home from work when I found out that Sinatra died. But I didn't.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Foot said...

Thanks for the sympathy, ladies. It's not easy being surrounded by people who think the definition of irony is how a paperclip tastes.

I was fairly sad when I heard that Bob Homme aka The Friendly Giant had died. It was like having a piece of my childhood die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home