Monday, November 22, 2004

Back-to-back Cusack

Saturday night I got together with some friends at Trevor and Joni's place and watched a John Cusack double bill on his 53" widescreen TV. (Not to worry, Scott. Just because your 47" TV isn't quite as big, doesn't mean it isn't also very nice.) We watched Grosse Pointe Blank and then Hi Fidelity, both films which he co-wrote. I've liked John Cusack ever since his roles in Better off Dead, and The Sure Thing. Cusack seems repelled by most Hollywood formulaic schlock, instead going for more offbeat stories.

There were three dogs at the house, and when I arrived back at my apartment, Scout, my Jack Russell Terrier was there to greet me as usual. It never ceases to amaze me how sensitive his nose is. This is a dog who has found a peanut in its shell buried under 8 inches of snow. As soon as he came up to me, he started vigorously sniffing my pant legs, obviously smelling the 3 dogs on me. Then he gave me a look as if to say, "How could you leave me here and go play with those other dogs?" I almost wanted to say, "Well yeah, I did play a little fetch with them, but it didn't mean anything." Hmmmm, maybe I need to get out more.

5 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kat said...

How do you explain "Serendipity"? He needed to pay down his mortgage??

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my favorite Cusack movie is Being John Malkovich. "Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate."

Scott

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Foot said...

Personally, I didn't mind Serendipity. I didn't think it was one of his better films, but I was ok with it. Perhaps my bad taste in music spills over into the visual medium as well?

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Kat said...

See, you ARE an asshole...there's the proof. ;-)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Foot said...

Being John Malkovich is definitely a cool film. I'm rather partial to Hi Fidelity, myself.

"Charlie!! You fucking bitch!! Let's work this out!!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home