Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Mental imagery, sexay style!

The other day I was conversing with a co-worker of mine in her cubicle. She's attractive, smart and funny, and of course very married. She mentioned she had been down for a meeting in the building we used to work in on the other side of town. While there, she had grabbed something to eat in the building cafeteria. When we worked there, I called this establishment the Crapeteria. The only reason anyone actually ate there was because anything else was simply too far away. The staff was surly (some of us were convinced they were there from a prison work release program), and their idea of a nutritious lunch was pogos and fries.

Anyways, my comely co-worker mentioned she had greasy bacon and eggs while she was there, and that they were surprisingly good. She was mentioning this as I was leaving to go back to my cubicle, and as I walked away she added something that I almost missed, but luckily my brain filter snagged for further observation. She said, "So now I'm all greased up for the day." As I was only half-listening by this point, I responded with a minimal, "Uh huh" and then stopped in mid-stride as my brain processed the double entendre. Did she say this intentionally to torment me or was it said off the cuff without thinking? In the end, I don't really care. I thanked her for the lovely mental imagery she had supplied me with and went back to my cubicle for some alone time.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Foot said...

Yeah, I saw a report on Google on 60 Minutes. You're right, Soli. They do have a kick-ass caf. From what I saw on the report, though, they do tend to work pretty hard and burn the midnight oil there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home