Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Luke, join me on the side of insufficient light!

Tonight I'm going to see Revenge of the Sith. I'd normally see a movie like this with a couple of my fellow Sci-fi geeks, but events conspired this weekend where they each ended up seeing it separately and without me. Yesterday I called up the Notorious MBA to see if she would go with me. MBA is not a sci-fi geek. She's really more of a HGTV geek. While she wasn't all that interested in seeing the movie, she knew I was Jonesin' for it and agreed to go. The conversation went something like this:

RR: Would you mind if we go to the Colisseum? It has the really big screens I want to see it on.

MBA: Sure, it's your night. Are you going to pick me up or shall I pick you up.

RR: Well, my place is on the way. Could you pick me up?

MBA: Of course. It's your night. What time should I pick you up for your Star Trek movie?

RR: Uh, MBA. It's Star Wars, not Star Trek.

MBA: Yeah, whatever.

RR: (pause) Is it too late for me to go with someone else?

This triggered almost a full minute of hysterical laughter on her end, which I couldn't help but join in on. You're a good friend, MBA. You're no sci-fi geek, but no one's perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home