Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Missing DVDs and Dripping faucets

The last few days I had been eagerly waiting for The Incredibles to be released on DVD. I hadn't seen this animated feature yet, but had heard many good things about it. So, yesterday I went over to a nearby video store at lunch and bought a copy to watch that night.

The time finally came where I had a chance to sit down and watch the video. I removed the umpteen layers of packaging they wrap these things in, opened the case and...where's disc one of two? Disc one, which contained the actual feature, was conspicuously absent. Not happy.

For the past week, the kitchen faucet has developed a drip that has grown steadily worse. The most likely cause would be a worn out washer. Since I was going to go out anyways to exchange my movie, I thought I'd get a replacement washer. Before leaving, I went under the sink to shut the water supply off, only to discover there wasn't a shut-off valve. Looking in the bathroom, I saw there were shut-off valves for both the bathroom faucet and toilet. Why not in the kitchen? I went into my storage closet where the main water pipe enters my apartment, and found there wasn't a shut-off valve for the main water supply either. Really not happy.

Now I'm going to have to ask the building manager to send one of the superintendents up just to change a freaking washer. This presents a few problems. The building manager is a fat, lazy cow who I know won't give me even a rough idea of when this might be done. If the super comes in while I'm not there, my dog will FREAK OUT. The super won't be in any physical danger from Scout, but he will bark loudly and continuously at him while he is there, making it an unpleasant session for both. On top of this, I have a countertop dishwasher. According to the terms of my lease, we're not supposed to have dishwashers. This means I'll have to hide the bugger every day when I leave the apartment from the moment I make the call until the time the job is done, which could be a lengthy time. Well, I didn't need an excuse to drink last night, but thanks for giving me one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home