Tuesday, March 15, 2005

You look just like...

A couple of weekends ago, I got a call that a bunch of my friends were going to go out to an upscale club in Ottawa called "18". I hadn't been to 18, but was curious about it so I said I'd join them. A little later, I got a call saying 18 was reserved for a private function and they were going somewhere else. Somewhere else turned out to be Maxwells. For those of you not familiar with the Ottawa bar scene, Maxwells is a cougar bar on Elgin St. While not thrilled with the venue, I decided what was important was that I'd be with friends, so out I went.

After being there about an hour, I noticed an attractive non-cougar checking me out. This cutie saw I was also looking at her, so she walked over. She smiled, opened those full, pouty lips of hers and said, "Has anyone ever told you you look just like Rick Mercer?"

This scenario had played out quite differently in my head. "Uh, no. And I'm not quite sure how I feel about that," I answered.

"It's not a bad thing," she reasoned. "He's an intelligent guy, and it's probably not going to be the last time you hear that comparison." With that, she went back to her group.

Now don't get me wrong. I realize there are celebraties out there who would be far worse to be compared to. Ones who immediately come to mind are Steve Buscemi, Michael Jackson, John Goodman, Keith Richards and post-bender Nick Nolte. I like Rick Mercer. I agree he's an intelligent guy, and very funny too. I can even say he's not bad looking, but he's not what women would refer to as a hottie. I'm fairly certain women who make this observation will never follow this up with, "My roommate Candi and I have always had this fantasy involving Rick Mercer. Why don't you come back to our place for some hot, sweaty monkey love?" Not. Gonna. Happen.

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce

13 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fantasize about Rick Mercer all the time. AND I live in Ottawa too!
So.....

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO.... are you asking him to get down with you?
Are you male or female?
Single or involved?
Cute or ugly?
Hitting on him or not?

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Foot said...

I'd say the second anonymous has some valid questions. What say you, first anonymous?

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Female
Single
Cute
Hitting on
now what?

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... I take it by your silence, Foot, that you prefer not to meet strangers from the internet, who you don't know, who read your blog and comment on how hot you are!
Ok fine, but I will continue to fantasize........and let me know if you change your mind.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger dalia said...

hm. Rick Mercer. yikes. not the ugliest mug in the bunch, but not a helluva looker, either.

and to anonymous: whatever floats your boat. and if you're so hot for foot, why don't you make yourself known, already? put a picture up, sister!

(and yes, foot is very cute. kat didn't lie. hmmmm)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Foot said...

Anonymous,

I hadn't been back to my site since my last comment. E-mail me at warriorpoet701@gmail.com, tell me a little about yourself and attach a photo. We'll take it from there.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Foot said...

Thanks for the compliment, Marlo Girl. You're quite the cutie yourself. ;)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Miss Misse said...

This could turn into a blog internet dating service!
fun stuff!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger dalia said...

ahem.

yes, soli... yes you DID mention that you thought foot was cute. but kat posted a nice ode to her single and sweet brother-in-law. i was otherwise occupied at the time, and only gave him a passing (though somewhat lingering - LOL) glance.

as it would turn out, now that i am a singleton in mingleton, there is already an anonymous young lady vying for foot's attention. so, i will harness the feminine wiles and give said lady her chance.

mind you, should it all fall apart, foot knows where to find me.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go ahead, Marlo girl, I am getting back with my x-fiance. Long distance can work. FOOT- marlo girl wants you too!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger dalia said...

what? what? congrats on the reconciliation, anonymous...

i get foot by forfeit? not even so much of a girlfight or trash-talking session?

where's the fun in that?

LOL

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Foot said...

Believe me, Marlo Girl. I'm as disappointed over the lack of a girl fight as you are. I even made popcorn for the event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home