Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Fun Weekend

Well, my little Renaissance Runnettes, I had a pretty satisfying weekend. Friday night I went and saw the Clint Eastwood movie "Million Dollar Baby" with the Notorious MBA. Clint is in his 70's and he's doing some of his best work. At one point in the film MBA leaned over to me, pointed at Clint on the screen and whispered, "Oh my God, he's playing my dad!" I don't want to ruin the film for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but let's just say there was a plot twist neither of us saw coming, which is rare. It caught us like a flurry to the solar plexus. This flick is definitely worth seeing.

On Saturday, I went to the Bayshore Mall and ended up buying a stylin' pair of Adidas track pants and "Firefly: The complete series" on DVD. For those who've never watched Firefly, it's a cleverly written Sci-Fi Western produced by Joss Wedon, who also created "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel". Some of Joss' talents include his ability to make likeable characters and witty dialogue. Plus, actress Morena Baccarin who plays the "companion" Inara is so smoking hot I would gladly drink her bath water. Later that evening, I went out with some friends to a blues club called The Rainbow to see a local woman perform, who turned out to be pretty good. Afterwards we went over to Zak's diner for a big plate of poutine.

On Sunday, I went skating on the canal with VT and then had a tasty Tex Mex burger with salsa and jalopeno peppers at the Royal Oak by the canal. By about 8 o'clock that night I was dozing off on the couch with Scout curled up in the crook of my legs. All in all a good weekend.

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I says pardon. Let's make one thing perfectly clear. There is no such thing as a "stylin'" pair of track pants, unless you're a toddler or a 17 year old high school girl.

The Champ

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Ugh. Poutine.

That's some nasty shit.

Chris - you comin' to Superbowl at our place??

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Foot said...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it down for Superbowl Sunday. I won't have any more vacation time until our next fiscal year on April 1st. I've always thought it highly appropriate our organization's year starts on April Fools Day. But as they used to say on Hammy Hamster, that's another story...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home