Thursday, February 02, 2006

Perspective

This morning I read something that really pissed me off. It brought on the kind of rage where you want to play loud, angry music, scream obscenities and smash things. I composed a short e-mail to DJ Kelly, ranting to her what happened, as I needed a sympathetic ear.

Within a few seconds of hitting the send button, my phone rang, indicating on the call display the Notorious MBA was calling me from her home. As it turned out, it wasn't MBA but her friend the Nanny. He informed me MBA's mother had passed away yesterday and she had left town to be with her family. Talk about dousing my feelings of anger and self-pity!

Her mom had been sick for quite some time, but I'm sure it doesn't change the feelings of shock and loss she must be going through right now. My thoughts are with you, MBA. You're strong and I know you'll get through this. Remember you have a lot of friends here who love you. When you get back, I'll cook you up a big plate of thick-sliced bacon and we'll talk.

Love RR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home